Geneva, July 31 (EFE). - The World Health Organization (WHO) warned today of the existence of at least 36 suspected Ebola infected in the region of Kibale in western Uganda, where fourteen people have died from the beginning of the outbreak in mid-month.
WHO spokesman, Tarik Jaserevic said at a press conference that so far have been detected 36 "suspected cases" of Ebola, of which four have been confirmed by laboratory tests.
"There have been four cases confirmed by laboratory testing and unfortunately two of them have died from the disease," said the spokesman, who said that in the region have also conducted clinical trials on other samples with negative results.
Ebola is a hemorrhagic fever that kills a large percentage of infected, acting quickly and easily spread by contact.
Jaserevic explained that he has created a buffer zone in the region of Kibale which is treating patients suspected to have contracted the disease.
The WHO spokesman said the international organization received last July 28 Ugandan government notification of detection of this outbreak of Ebola in the west, while the Ugandan authorities announced yesterday that it has expanded and at least a person has died in the capital, Kampala.
Jaserevic reminded that this is the fourth outbreak of Ebola that Uganda has in the past twelve years, the most serious in 2000 when 170 people died. http://translate.google.com/translat...111130593.html